Thursday, July 02, 2015
Recipe | Breaded Chicken Nuggets
4 servings | 1 hr brining, 30 mins cooking
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 cups water
1/8 cup salt
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup olive oil
- in a large bowl add 6 cups of cold water, salt and sugar, layer the chicken breasts in the water. Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Breaded Chicken Directions
- remove chicken from brining bowl, pat dry and chop up into desired sizes
- place the flour, beaten eggs, bread crumbs and chili powder in three separate bowls
- coat a piece of chicken in the flour, saturate in the egg mix and let the excess drip off, coat in the breadcrumb mix until completely breaded, put aside and repeat with all the pieces of chicken
- heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- place the chicken nuggets into the pan, avoid overcrowding the pan
- let the first side turn golden brown, flip over, once golden brown cut open to check if fully cooked remove to a wire rack or paper towel to cool.
These breaded chicken nuggets have become a staple for dinnertime, especially when we don't really feel like cooking a whole dinner with side dishes. It's pretty quick and fun, plus the brining swells the chicken with moisture so even when you are pan frying them, they don't dry out and will maintain that moist flavor even as left overs.