The Jojoba Company specializes in featuring 100% natural Australian jojoba in their skincare products. Jojoba is a natural ingredient that is good for the skin, they have a whole page on their website dedicated to Jojoba information and benefits. Here are some key points in understanding its importance in skincare:
- Jojoba will hydrate and nourish skin
- Jojoba can work on the deeper layers where the cell regeneration and cell synthesis occurs
- Jojoba replenishes the wax produced naturally in young healthy skin
- Jojoba also protects what is added to it so jojoba is able to carry important nutrients with it deep into skin to support skin health
- Jojoba is naturally antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and hypoallergenic
I found this tidbit the most interesting:
100% pure liquid wax esters make up to 50% of the mass of jojoba beans. Wax esters make up to 30% of the sebum produced in young, healthy skin. They kill germs, smother viruses, keep sebum liquid and flowing, naturally condition hair and create the barrier in skin that stops moisture from escaping from deeper living skin cells.
I started using the 100% Natural Australian Jojoba ($14.95) as my nighttime moisturizer. I would apply about 2-3 pumps of it all over my face and neck, sleep with it over night and wake up with supple glowing skin. It has no scent, so I found it very easy to wear daily. There is no greasy residue, I'm pretty sure the skin absorbs it completely because within a few minutes you can't tell I applied an oil to my face. I've even applied makeup right on top and it did not break down the products or make my skin oily.